Avocado-lovers, meet your new favorite salad dressing.
This creamy, Southwestern-style salad dressing coats every bite of salad with the flavor of rich avocado. That’s because for this avocado dressing recipe, you blend a whole avocado with garlic, onion, lemon juice, and parsley to make a luxuriously silky base. A little bit of Greek yogurt gives it a consistency similar to ranch or Thousand Island dressing… but with healthier fat and a boost of protein. It’s a good way not to ruin a healthy salad with an unhealthy dressing.
FREE meal planning FREE weekly recipes
- 1 ripe medium avocado, cut into cubes
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 9 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped
Here are your instructions:
Place avocado, yogurt, garlic, onion, lemon juice, and parsley in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.